3 Portobello Mushrooms
Olive Oil (as needed, for grilling) 8oz Fresh Eggplant (unpeeled, cut in half lengthwise) 8oz Yellow Squash (cut in half lengthwise) 8oz Zucchini (cut in half lengthwise) 1 Red Pepper (sliced)
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 1t Olive Oil 1- 24 -inch Cuban Bread Roll 1/4 Cup Hummus 1T Yellow Mustard 4 Slices Swiss cheese 1/4 Cup Sliced Sour Pickles
1. Preheat up to 400°F. Carefully remove the stems from Portobello mushrooms and wiped the caps. Brush olive oil on both sides, and grill 8 to 10 minutes on each side until mushrooms begin to brown and are soft to the touch. Refrigerate.
2. Season eggplant, squash, zucchini, and red pepper with salt and pepper; drizzle with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes. Refrigerate.
3. Slice chilled vegetables into 1/4″ planks. Slice jeweled Portobello and 1/4″ rounds.
4. Slice Cuban bread lengthwise. Spread top with hummus. Spread bottom with mustard. Arrange vegetables evenly on the bread and top with Swiss cheese and pickles.
5. Brush griddle or skillet with oil and grill for two to three minutes on each side, or until bread is crusty and cheese is melted. Cut into four servings.
¾ Cup Flour ¾ Cup Cake Flour ½ Cup Sugar ¾t Salt 1T Baking Powder ¼ Cups Shortening ½ Cup Milk 2 Egg Whites ½ Cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, sift together flours, sugar, salt, dry milk powder and baking powder. Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter and blend until lumps are about the size of peas.
2. Combine the water and egg whites with a fork, do not whip. Add to dry ingredients and mix only long enough to moisten. Batter will be lumpy. Add blueberries.
3. Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until nicely browned.
½ Cup Butter 1– 16oz Can Whole Kernel Corn (undrained) ½ Cup finely chopped onion 3 Cups Hot Milk 6T Flour 1T Sugar 4- Chicken Bouillon Cubes ¼t White Pepper 2½ Cups Hot Water 1¼ Cups Potatoes (cubed, cooked)
1. Heat margarine in a large saucepot and cook onion until tender but not brown.
2. Add flour; cook and stir for 5 minutes over low heat. Do not brown.
3. Add bouillon cubes and hot water, stirring with a wisk to blend.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boiling point.
1lb Lentils ¼ Cup Olive Oil 1 Cup Zucchini (chopped) 1 Cup Squash (chopped) ½ Cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped) ½ Cup chopped Portobello mushroom (chopped) 1 Cup Red Onion (diced) ½ Cup Olive Oil 1 Cup Red Wine Vinegar 1T Parsley (chopped)
1. Place lentils in a saucepan with water to cover the lentils. Drain and cool.
2. In pan, add olive oil.
3. Grill zucchini, squash, red bell pepper and mushrooms. Cool.
4. In a bowl, add lentils and grilled vegetables.
5. Mix the olive oil and vinegar and add to lentil mixture.
3 Eggs 1 Cup Granulated Sugar 1/3 Cup Water 1t Vanilla 3/4 Cup Flour 1t Baking Powder ¼t Salt
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line pan with cooking parchment paper, aluminum foil or waxed paper. Spray with pan spray.
2. Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until very thick and lemon colored. Pour eggs into medium bowl.
3. Gradually beat in granulated sugar. Beat in water and vanilla on low speed. Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, beating just until batter is smooth. Pour into pan, spreading to corners.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan and turn upside down onto towel generously sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully remove paper. Trim off stiff edges of cake if necessary. Cool on wire rack at least 30 minutes.
1½ Cups Powdered Sugar (sifted) 2½lbs Cream Cheese ¼ Cup Sour Cream 5 Eggs ¼ Cup Butterfinger (crumbled) ¼ Cup Caramel
1 Sponge Cake Round (the one you just made)
Butterfinger Pieces for Garnish
Caramel for Garnish
1. Place sugar in mixing bowl with cream cheese and sour cream and mix until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time. Mix until smooth. Add Butterfinger pieces and caramel and mix well.
2. Spray a 10″ cake pan with pan spray. Line bottom of pan with a piece of parchment paper cut into 10″ round. Cut sponge cake into 1/4″ thin layer and place on bottom of pan. Fill with cheesecake mixture.
3. Bake 275 degrees for 1 hour, 30 minutes. Check by taking internal temperature with a probe thermometer. Internal temperature should reach 160 degrees. Cool overnight under refrigeration.
4. Remove cake from pan and garnish top of cheesecake with drizzled caramel and Butterfinger pieces.