2. Mix together sugar, yolks, flour, cornstarch, and milk, and add to hot milk and sugar, stirring continuously until mixture come to a boil.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir butter and vanilla into mixture.
1 Batch Sugar Cookie Dough (you can make your own or use pre-made) 1 1/2 Cups Pastry Cream (recipe above) 6oz Coconut (shredded) 4T Coconut Compound (found in specialty stores or you can use coconut extract) 1 1/2 Cups Crème Brulee (recipe above) 4T Coconut (toasted)
1. Roll out sugar cookie dough in a 10-inch ring.
2. Trim top.
3. Bag in pastry cream.
4. Mix compound and brulee together.
5. Pour over pastry cream.
6. Bake at 325°F until the custard is set.
7. Sprinkle toasted coconut on pie before serving.