4 Cups Whole Milk
1t Vanilla Extract
8 Slices Thick-Cut White Bread
½ Cup Mascarpone Cheese
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Heavy Cream
½ Cup Fresh Strawberries (hulled and halved)
½ Cup Fresh Blueberries
1T Orange Zest
Powdered Sugar (for garnish)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla
2. Evenly coat bread, absorbing all the mixture.
3. On a nonstick griddle, grill bread about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Keep warm in oven and cook while cooking the remaining bread in batches.
4. In a bowl, combine mascarpone, powdered sugar and cream until it is the consistency of melted ice cream. Adjust with a few extra tablespoons of heavy cream as needed.
5. Cut French toast pieces diagonally. Top with berries, then drizzle with the cream mixture and sprinkle with orange zest. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.