YIELD: 1 Loaf
12 Slices White Bread (preferably a homestyle white, not Wonder Bread type)
1 Cup Butter (chilled and sliced)
Brown Sugar Batch
1 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
Mix together and set aside.
1 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
Mix together and refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Liberally spray a loaf pan with Pam or other vegetable spray. Layer three slices day old bread on bottom of pan.
2. Sprinkle 1/3 brown sugar mixture on top of bread, then layer 1/3 of the butter. Repeat these steps two more times.
3. Top off with three more slices of bread (should have a total of 12 slices of bread). Press down with hand to compact bread into loaf pan.
4. Slowly pour 16 oz. of batter over top of loaf, covering completely. This may take a little time, to allow it to fully absorb into bread and flow into spaces at bottom. (Take your time here and pour into corners. Lift bread at corners a little to get into bottom quicker if you want.)
5. Place loaf pan on some paper towel in case of overflow. Cover top of loaf with parchment paper and wrap top tightly with aluminum foil. Place in refrigerator and allow to sit overnight.
6. Heat oven to 325º F. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until internal temperature in center of loaf is 160 degrees. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Place a plate on top of loaf pan and invert to remove from pan. Cut into 7 slices and serve.