Yield: 24 servings
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Butter (softened)
1 Cup Sugar
2/3 Cup Walnuts
8 lbs Apples (approx 17 medium cored, peeled and sliced)
3/4 Cup Dried Breadcrumbs
2 1/4 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Raisins
1. Mix flour, butter, and sugar in a medium mixing bowl and roll to desired shape.
2. Divide shortbread dough in half. Press half of the dough into bottom of a 13 x 9 baking pan.
3. Bake in moderate oven 350° for approximately 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
4. Toss apples with dry mixture in a separate bowl. Add to cooled crust, top with remaining crust.
5. Cut slits for air escape, brush with an egg white wash and bake for approximately 60 minutes at 350°.