Yield: 6 portions
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2oz Fresh Thyme
3lbs Shoulder Beef
1/2 Cup Flour
6T Beef Base
2 Diced Tomatoes
1 Cup Burgundy Wine
1. Sear meat in stockpot in butter.
2. Add flour and wine, beef base and tomatoes. Dice carrots, celery, onion and add fresh thyme.
3. Simmer for 40 minutes to an hour, or until desired doneness.
4. Once cooked, remove meat and let cool before slicing.
5. Pour gravy through sieve to remove all the vegetables, saving gravy to use with meat.
6. Once meat has cooled, slice and place in a pan. Add gravy, wrap pan and reheat in oven to 165 degrees.