2 Cups Flour
1/2t Baking Powder
1 Cup Unsalted Butter (softened)
1½ Cups Sugar
3 Large Eggs (at room temperature for 30 minutes)
½ Cup Whole Milk (at room temperature)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter and flour loaf pan, knocking out excess flour.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes in a stand mixer or 5 with a handheld.
3. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and then add vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and milk alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour and mixing until just incorporated.
4. Spoon batter into loaf pan and bake until golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center comes out with crumbs adhering, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Cool cake in pan on a rack 30 minutes, then invert onto rack and cool completely.
5. Cut a piece of pound cake into a size you like. Brush the pound cake with butter and heat using a griddle or a non-stick saute pan until both sides are golden brown. Serve with the heated Pecan Caramel sauce and any ice cream flavor you would like.