Yield: 3/4 gallon
1/2 Cup Salad Oil
1/2 Cup Celery (1/4″ dice)
1/2 Cup Onion (1/4″ dice)
1 Cup Flour
4 Cups Clam Juice
4 Cups Milk
1 Cup Potatoes (peeled, diced, and cooked)
1 1/2 Cups Chopped Clams
Pinch White Pepper
1/4t Ground Thyme
1. In a sauce pot over medium heat, saute the celery and onions in oil. Add flour to make the roux.
2. In a separate pot, heat clam juice and milk together until they simmer.
3. Combine roux and hot liquid slowly to prevent lumps.
4. Add clams, potatoes and seasonings to soup.
5. Simmer for 20 minutes and serve. Soup can be made up to three days in advance.