Yield: 16 Tarts
3lbs Shortbread Crust (below)
96oz Apple Pie Filling
Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
Powdered Sugar (dusting for top)
1 1/2lbs Caramel Sauce (below)
1. Portion Short crust into 3oz balls, then roll out to 1/8-inch thickness and put in small tins.
2. Fill crust with 6oz (3/4 Cup) apple pie filling, fold crust edges over apples in random a manner.
3. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Keep pie warm in warmer. At time of service, plate on star plate, dust with powdered sugar, then top with caramel sauce and serve with ice cream.
1lb Butter (4 Sticks)
3/4 Cup Sugar
5 1/2 Cups Flour
1. Cream butter, sugar, and salt together in mixer.
2. Add eggs gradually until incorporated.
3. Finally add flour to mixture and make dough.
4. Remove dough and refrigerate.
Yield: 1 1/2lbs
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Heavy cream
1. Add water and sugar to a pot and caramelize sugar to a golden brown.
2. Add cream into caramelized sugar at lowered heat (gradually) until smooth. Cool.