Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Pie Crust Dough
3 ½ Cups Flour
2 Sticks Unsalted Butter (cut into ¼ inch pieces)
1. Sift the flour, sugar, and salt into a large bowl. Using your fingers, work in the butter and shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Add 2 tablespoons ice water and work with your fingers until the water is incorporated and the dough comes together. Add more water if needed.
3. Spray the inside of a 9x13x2 inch glass or ceramic baking dish with a non-stick coating.
4. Roll out pie dough on a lightly floured surface and line the baking dish with dough (as for an apple pie)
4lbs Baking Apples (Golden Delicious)
½ Cup Sugar
1 ½ Cups Brown Sugar
½t Ground Nutmeg
½ Cup Flour
1. Sift dry ingredients together.
2. Put apples in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add dry ingredients and cook until apples are soft and ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
4. Remove apples from heat and chill thoroughly.
5. Place cooled apple filling into dish.
Cream Cheese Filling
8oz Cream Cheese (softened)
1 Large Egg
2/3 Cup Sugar
1t Vanilla Extract
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
2. Top apples with cream cheese mixture and swirl into apples slightly.
¾ Cup Flour
½t Ground Cinnamon
½ Cup Brown Sugar
¾ Cup Rolled Oats
½ Cup Unsalted Butter
1. Spread streusel mixture evenly over top of apple/cream cheese mixture.
2. Bake in center of oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.