1lb Apple-wood Smoked Bacon (diced)
1t Kosher Salt
1 Pinch White Pepper
1t Granulated Garlic
½ Cup Button Mushrooms (sliced)
½ Cup Shiitake Mushrooms (sliced, be sure to discard the stems)
½ Cup Portobello Mushroom (diced)
Asiago Basil Cream Sauce (full amount)
1½lbs Cooked Penne pasta
2T Chiffanade (thinly sliced)
Fresh Basil Leaves
¼ Cup Asiago Cheese Shredded
1. In a large sauté pan, over medium high heat, add bacon and stir occasionally
2. Once bacon is about 3/4 cooked, season with salt, white pepper and granulated garlic, add mushrooms and cook them thoroughly.
3. Add pasta to the sauté pan and stir well.
4. Now, add the sauce and bring to a simmer for approx. ten minutes.
5. Remove pasta from the heat and place it on a serving dish. Garnish with basil and Asiago cheese