3/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/2T Baking Powder
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Cups Milk
2 1/2T Sugar
1/2t Vanilla Extract
12 Slices Bread
1. Combine 3/4 cup sugar with cinnamon and set aside.
2. Mix egg, 2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar, salt, vanilla and milk until well blended.
3. Slowly add flour and baking powder and mix until smooth.
4. Cut bread diagonally into triangles.
5. Dip bread triangles in batter, allowing excess to drip off. Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides. Drain on absorbent paper towel. While toast is still warm, roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture.