1½t Vanilla Extract
6 Egg Yolks
1 1/2 Cups Milk
¼ Cup Flour
¾ Cup Sugar
1. In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, flour, salt and milk and whisk; over medium heat, cook while stirring until mixture thickens.
2. In a small bowl with a fork, beat egg yolks slightly, beat small amount of milk mixture into yolks.
3. Slowly pour egg mixture back into milk mixture.
4. Stirring constantly, cook over medium low heat until mixture thickens.
5. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Chill cream until ready to use.