Yield: 6 servings
2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Red Tomatoes (large dice)
2 Yellow Tomatoes (very large dice)
½ Yellow Onion (julienne)
1 1/2T Garlic (sliced)
2oz Whole Kalamata Olives
1/2 Cup Grapes
1/2 Cup Basil Pesto
1 Bunch Mint Leaves (stemmed, rough chopped)
1t Chili Flakes
2oz Fresh Spinach
1 Bunch Fresh Basil (stemmed and whole)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs (for garnish)
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Add kosher salt (water should taste like seawater) and drop penne pasta.
3. Heat a sauté pan on high heat with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Sauté tomatoes, onions, olives, and grapes for about 15 seconds.
5. Add garlic, salt and pepper and a pinch of the chili pepper flakes.
6. Deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar and pesto. Reduce heat and allow to cook.
7. When pasta is almost cooked al dente, remove from water and add to pan.
8. Reserve some of the pasta water.
9. Add the spinach, ½ the mint, basil, and another pinch of the chili flakes.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Add reserved pasta water if pasta is a little dry.
11. Place in a serving dish, top with breadcrumbs and remaining mint. Enjoy!