Yield – 6-8 servings
1 Poblano Pepper (minced)
1 Yellow Bell Pepper (small, diced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (small, diced)
1/2 Red Onion (small, diced)
2 1/2 Cups Roasted Corn
3/4t Cayenne Pepper
3/4T Black Pepper
2t Kosher Salt
4 Cups Milk
4 Cups Heavy Cream
4 Cups Corn Meal
4 Eggs (separated)
1 1/4 Cups Buttermilk
1. In a pot over medium heat, sweat peppers, onions and chilies in butter.
2. Add spices and stir to incorporate.
3. Add milk and cream. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat. Slowly whisk in corn meal. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until it thickens.
5. Remove from heat.
6. In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks and buttermilk.
7. Temper yolk mixture and add back to base.
8. Completely cool corn meal mixture in the refrigerator.
9. Remove from refrigerator and break into small pieces. Leave at room temperature.
10. Whip egg whites to soft peaks. Fold into corn meal mixture and place in a baking dish.
11. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.