Yield: 6 servings
1/4t Garlic Salt
1/4t White Pepper
3 Cups Milk
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
4 Cups Potatoes (diced and cooked)
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Onions (diced)
1/4 Cup Butter (melted)
1. Dice and cook the potatoes, dice the onions and gather the remaining ingredients.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add onions and sauté about 2 minutes.
3. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Add flour, stir to make a paste, called a roux.
4. Cook the roux for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
5. Add 3 cups milk stirring until all lumps are gone.
6. Cook mixture for 10 minutes while stirring.
7. Add potatoes, cheese and seasonings. Mix until cheese is melted.
8. Place in pre-heated oven at 350 for approximately 10 minutes.