1 Yellow Pound Cake
Bread Pudding Custard Mix (recipe below)
Banana Carmel Sauce (recipe below)
Bailey’s Irish Cream Sauce (recipe below)
1. Cut pound cake into ¾ inch cubes and place into a large round cake pan.
2. Fold in Banana Carmel Sauce until pound cake is well coated.
3. Pour Custard mix on top and make sure all pound cake is saturated.
4. Bake at 375° for approximately 35-40 minutes or until bread pudding reaches 180°.
5. Remove from oven and top with Bailey’s Irish Cream Sauce.
5 Eggs (beaten)
1-1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
1-1/2 Cups Half and Half
4T Myer’s Dark Rum
2T Banana Liqueur
1/2t Ground Nutmeg
1-1/2t Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Sugar
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Banana Carmel Sauce
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1. Place Bananas in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Do not puree!
2. Heat Butter in a sauté pan. Add Bananas and cook until heated. Add Brown Sugar and Cinnamon. Remove from heat once Brown Sugar dissolves.
Bailey’s Irish Cream Sauce
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup Milk
2T Bailey’s Irish Cream
3 Egg Yolks (beaten)
1. In a bowl, combine the Sugar and the Cornstarch until there are no lumps.
2. Add the Egg Yolks, stirring constantly with a whisk.
3. In a medium size pot, heat the Heavy Cream, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Milk, and Vanilla until it just begins to boil. DO NOT BOIL!
4. Temper this mixture into the Egg Yolk mixture.
5. Return mixture to heat and continue to heat until it reaches 170 degrees.
6. When sauce has thickened, remove from heat and chill.