Yield – 10 servings
3 Ancho Chilies (rehydrated in 1 cup water)
2T Brown Sugar
3T Canola Oil
1 Salmon Fillet
Kosher Salt to taste
Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
1. Place ancho chilies in boiling water and let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Remove seeds and place in food processor with water, brown sugar.
3. Pulse until a smooth paste forms.
4. Drizzle in canola oil.
5. Marinate whole side of salmon in chili paste overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
7. Place salmon fillet in an ungreased pan. Season with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
8. Cook for 15-18 minutes or until firm to the touch.
9. Place on a platter, drizzle with Pistou and serve (recipe below).
2 Cups Basil Leaves
1T Garlic (chopped)
1t Kosher Salt
1/2t Freshly Ground Pepper
1 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Add all ingredients except olive oil and cheese in a food processor and pulse until pureed.
2. Drizzle olive oil slowly until a paste forms.
3. Remove and add cheese.Yield – 10 servings