7lbs Beef Rib Eye Roast
3/4 Cup Kosher Salt
3/4 Cup Black Pepper (cracked)
1. Combine salt and pepper; rub evenly over surface of beef rib roast. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of roast, not touching fat.
2. Do not add water. Do not cover.
3. Roast in 350ºF (moderate) oven to desired degree of doneness.
4. Allow 18 to 20 minutes per pound for rare; 20 to 22 minutes per pound for medium. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 125ºF for rare; 135ºF for medium.
5. Cover roast with aluminum foil tent and allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes.