Yield: Serves 4
4 Puff Pastry Shells, baked
Cabernet sauce (recipe below)
Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes (recipe below)
1 ½lbs Prime Rib (cooked and shaved)
Aioli (recipe below)
3 Cups Vegetables (sautéed red pepper, spinach, mushrooms, and yellow squash)
1. Reheat the shaved beef in the cabernet sauce.
2. Hollow out the middle of the puff pastry shells.
3. Fill shells with red-skinned mashed potatoes, top with hot shaved beef.
4. Spoon the mixed vegetables on top of the beef.
5. Using a ketchup bottle filled with Aioli, squirt a zigzag pattern of Aioli over the top of your creation.
1 Cup Cabernet Sauvignon
1 Large Shallot (minced)
2 Cups Demi Glace
1T Cracked Black Pepper
1T Heavy Cream
1. Sauté shallots in butter, add cabernet, and reduce by half.
2. Add Demi-Glace and reduce by a third.
3. Add sugar, black pepper, and heavy cream – strain and serve.
2 Cloves Garlic (mashed)
1 Egg Yolk
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup Olive oil
1/2t Lemon Juice
1. Beat eggs until very thick and lemon colored.
2. Beat in mashed garlic and salt.
3. Beating constantly, add olive oil, VERY SLOWLY.
4. After about half the oil has been added and the mixture is thickening, add vinegar, and lemon juice.
5. Then continue adding olive oil slowly, beating until the thick emulsion is formed.
Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes
2lb Red Potatoes (washed)
1T Chives (cut into 2” pieces)
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1 1/2T Butter (cut into large chunks)
1t Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
2. Boil potatoes until they are cooked thoroughly and mash.
3. Add heavy cream, butter, and milk, and incorporate together.
4. Fold in roasted root vegetables.
5. Season, garnish with chives and serve.