YIELD: 1 quart
1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
1 Cup Milk
3/4 Cup Sugar
2T Lemon Zest
2/3 Cup Lemon Juice
6 Egg Yolks
1. Bring cream, milk, sugar, zest and salt just to a boil in a heavy sauce pan, stirring occasionally.
2. Lightly beat yolks in a large bowl, then slowly add the hot sweetened cream to the yolks in a slow stream while whisking constantly.
3. When tempered, add the custard back into the sauce pan and cook over a low heat until the temperature reaches 170 degrees and the custard coats the back of a spoon.
4. Strain into a clean bowl and add lemon juice.
5. Cool the custard, stirring occasionally, the chill until cold.
6. Freeze custard in an ice cream maker according to unit directions.
7. Mix all the ingredients together and freeze in the Ice Cream Machine. Ripen in the freezer.