YIELD: 2 pounds — for smaller batches, adjust accordingly
(Note: This is served with Pork Tenderloin.)
2 Cups Milk
6oz Gruyere Cheese (shredded)
1T Kosher Salt
1T Black Pepper
6oz Smoked Bacon (chopped)
2 Cups Heavy Cream
1lb Orecchiette Pasta (cooked)
¼ Cup Sundried Tomato (julienne)
1 Cup Japanese Bread Crumbs (for bottom and top)
1. Make roux using by melting the butter and adding the flour to form a paste.
2. Add Milk and make a thick Béchamel.
3. Add Gruyere Cheese and combine and season with salt and pepper.
4. In a sauté pan cook bacon, garlic and shallots and combine with the Béchamel.
5. In a mixing bowl combine heavy cream and eggs and OFF OF THE FLAME add to Béchamel.
6. Mix in the Pasta and Sundried Tomatoes and chill.
7. Spray the molds; put breadcrumbs on the bottom. Put mixture and breadcrumbs on the top.
8. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Run a knife around the mold, let stand for 10 minutes and serve.