8 Egg Yolks
½ Cup Sugar
1½lb Mascarpone Cheese
4 Egg Whites (beaten until stiff peaks form)
2 Cups Italian Espresso (cold)
½ Cup Sambuca
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (for garnish)
Semisweet Chocolate (for garnish)
1. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and pale yellow. Fold the mascarpone into the eggs until thoroughly incorporated and smooth. Fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture thoroughly.
2. In a medium sized bowl combine the espresso and brandy.
3. Dip the ladyfingers quickly into the mixture, one at a time, and place a layer of the very close together in a 14×10 dish.
4. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture evenly over the fine mesh strainer.
5. Dip more ladyfingers into the espresso-brandy mixture and place over the mascarpone making another layer.
6. Top with remaining mascarpone and sprinkle with the cocoa powder through a fine mesh strainer. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours.
7. Just before serving, shave some chocolate and sprinkle over the cake.