8oz Button Mushrooms (sliced)
2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1lb Sweet Italian Sausage (skinned and crumbled)
8oz Yellow Onion (small diced)
8oz Stalk Celery (small diced)
12oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Juice
20 Cups Chicken Stock
Kosher Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
37 Slices White Bread (toasted)
1. In a pot large enough to hold all ingredients, warm the olive oil over low heat.
2. Add onion and sausage and fry gently, stirring frequently until onion is translucent.
3. Add the celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Boil until flavorful, about 15 minutes.
5. At time of serving, add the toasted bread to bowl and pour hot soup over.