For use in Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower
1lb Butter (softened)
2¾ Cups Powdered Sugar
Dash Vanilla Extract
¾ Cup Almond Meal
5 Cups Flour
½ Cup Cocoa Powder
1. Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Sift together the four and cocoa powder into a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Place the butter in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on low speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly creamed.Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the powdered sugar and salt; mix for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Mix in eggs (1 at a time) and vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture and almond meal and mix on low speed just until the dough comes together, about 30 seconds.
5. Remove the dough from the bowl and wrap it in plastic film. Chill for 2 – 4 hours. At this point, the dough will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or may be rolled out and frozen for up to 1 month.
6. Roll or press out a round cookie. Bake until cookies are dry to the touch. Cool on a rack before using.