2 Cups Chicken Tenderloins (uncooked)
1 Cup Broccoli (tops only)
½ Cup Carrots (cubed)
½ Cup Celery (cubed)
¼ Cup Leeks (diced)
3 Cups Whole Milk
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1 Egg (beaten)
Pastry Dough for a single pie (double crust)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In boiling salted water, simmer chicken tenderloins, broccoli, carrots, celery, and leeks until chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are tender, but still firm (about 15 minutes). Drain well and set aside.
3. In a medium sized skillet, melt butter and add flour.
4. Cook for 5 minutes and add milk. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened (about 10 minutes).
5. Dissolve chicken bouillon cubes in ¼ cup warm water and add to sauce.
6. Blend in grated Parmesan cheese and remove from heat.
7. Add cooked chicken and vegetables and mix well.
8. Pour mixture into a deep-dish pie plate and cover with pie dough.
9. Seal edges well and brush top with beaten egg.
10. Bake until crust is golden brown and the filling is hot (about 45 to 50 minutes).
11. Brushing a little milk on the top of the pie dough before baking will give the crust a delightful color.