3 Portobello Mushrooms
Olive Oil (as needed, for grilling)
8oz Fresh Eggplant (unpeeled, cut in half lengthwise)
8oz Yellow Squash (cut in half lengthwise)
8oz Zucchini (cut in half lengthwise)
1 Red Pepper (sliced)
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1t Olive Oil
1- 24 -inch Cuban Bread Roll
1/4 Cup Hummus
1T Yellow Mustard
4 Slices Swiss cheese
1/4 Cup Sliced Sour Pickles
1. Preheat up to 400°F. Carefully remove the stems from Portobello mushrooms and wiped the caps. Brush olive oil on both sides, and grill 8 to 10 minutes on each side until mushrooms begin to brown and are soft to the touch. Refrigerate.
2. Season eggplant, squash, zucchini, and red pepper with salt and pepper; drizzle with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes. Refrigerate.
3. Slice chilled vegetables into 1/4″ planks. Slice jeweled Portobello and 1/4″ rounds.
4. Slice Cuban bread lengthwise. Spread top with hummus. Spread bottom with mustard. Arrange vegetables evenly on the bread and top with Swiss cheese and pickles.
5. Brush griddle or skillet with oil and grill for two to three minutes on each side, or until bread is crusty and cheese is melted. Cut into four servings.