Makes 3 pies
Key Lime Chiffon Pie Filling
8oz Lime Juice
8oz Lime Puree
4 Cups Heavy Cream
1 Cup Cold Water
1oz Gelatin Powder
8 drops Yellow Food Coloring
4oz Meringue Powder
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
3½ Cups Cold Water
7oz Best Brand Meringue Powder
½oz Instant Clear Gel
5¾ Cups Granulated Sugar
4 Cups Water
3 Pie Crusts
1. For the Pie Filling melt gelatin and cold water over double boiler. Whip up heavy cream until stiff.
2. For the Meringue Mix whip up meringue powder, water, and sugar until stiff.
3. Mix meringue mix together with gelatin.
4. Add lime juice and heavy cream.
5. Fold everything together and fold into graham cracker crusts.
6. Top pies off with meringue, and brown.
7. For the Meringue Topping mix meringue powder, instant clear gel, and sugar. Add water and whip on high speed until meringue mix is very firm and fluffy.
8. Spoon the Pie Filling into the pie crusts, spread the Meringue Mix on top, and top that with the Meringue Topping.