Yield: 10-inch cake
1½ Cups Powdered Sugar (sifted)
2½lbs Cream Cheese
¼ Cup Sour Cream
¼ Cup Butterfinger (crumbled)
¼ Cup Caramel
1 Sponge Cake Round (see recipe below)
Butterfinger Pieces for Garnish
Caramel for Garnish
1. Place sugar in mixing bowl with cream cheese and sour cream and mix until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time. Mix until smooth. Add Butterfinger pieces and caramel and mix well.
2. Spray a 10″ cake pan with pan spray. Line bottom of pan with a piece of parchment paper cut into 10″ round. Cut sponge cake into 1/4″ thin layer and place on bottom of pan. Fill with cheesecake mixture.
3. Bake 275 degrees for 1 hour, 30 minutes. Check by taking internal temperature with a probe thermometer. Internal temperature should reach 160 degrees. Cool overnight under refrigeration.
4. Remove cake from pan and garnish top of cheesecake with drizzled caramel and Butterfinger pieces.
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 Cup Water
3/4 Cup Flour
1t Baking Powder
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line pan with cooking parchment paper, aluminum foil or waxed paper. Spray with pan spray.
2. Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until very thick and lemon colored. Pour eggs into medium bowl.
3. Gradually beat in granulated sugar. Beat in water and vanilla on low speed. Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, beating just until batter is smooth. Pour into pan, spreading to corners.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan and turn upside down onto towel generously sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully remove paper. Trim off stiff edges of cake if necessary. Cool on wire rack at least 30 minutes.