2lb Catfish Fillets (1/2 inch thick)
1t Garlic Powder
1t Ground Black Pepper
3 Cups Cornmeal
Canola Oil for Frying
1. Trim the catfish of any skin or membrane.
2. Mix the garlic, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
3. Sprinkle the mixture over both sides of the fillets.
4. Dredge the fillets in the cornmeal, pressing gently. Shake off the excess and set the fillets aside.
5. Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over a medium heat until a little cracker meal sprinkle in the oil gives off a lively sizzle.
6. Slip the fillets into the skillet and fry, turning once, until the fillets are cooked through and golden brown on both sides, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving.