1 Batch Sugar Cookie Dough (you can make your own or use pre-made)
1 1/2 Cups Pasty Cream (see below recipe)
6oz Coconut (shredded)
4T Coconut Compound (found in specialty stores or you can use coconut extract)
1 1/2 Cups Crème Brulee (see recipe below)
4T Coconut (toasted)
1. Roll out sugar cookie dough in a 10-inch ring.
2. Trim top.
3. Bag in pastry cream.
4. Mix compound and brulee together.
5. Pour over pastry cream.
6. Bake at 325 degrees until the custard is set.
7. Sprinkle toasted coconut on pie before serving.
3 Cups Heavy Cream
½ Cup Sugar
10 Egg Yolks
1t Vanilla Extract
1. In a double boiler, heat over medium heat until dissolved, stirring constantly.
2. Do not whip.
3. Place in a large mixing bowl.
4. Slowly add 1/3 of cream mixture to egg yolks, stirring to temper egg yolks.
5. Add remaining cream mixture.
6. Stir to blend well.
7. Strain mixture through fine mesh strainer.
1 1/2 Cups Milk
3 Egg Yolks
1 ½oz Cake Flour
1/4 Cup Milk
Method of Preparation:
1. Boil milk and sugar.
2. Mix together sugar, yolks, flour, cornstarch, and milk, and add to hot milk and sugar, stirring continuously until mixture come to a boil.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir butter and vanilla into mixture.