Shrimp in Coconut-Lime Sauce
2 medium Sweet Onions (diced, divided)
1 (13½oz) Can Coconut milk
1T Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic (minced)
4 large Plum Tomatoes (diced)
1 medium Poblano Pepper (seeded and chopped)
1t Coarse Salt
½t Ground Black Pepper
2/3lb Rock Shrimp (shelled) (regular shrimp, peeled and deveined, can be substituted)
2T Lime Juice
1T Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1. Puree half of the onions with the coconut milk in a blender, and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
3. Add remaining onions and cook until translucent (do not brown), about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and poblano.
6. Cook until the tomatoes soften, about 3 minutes.
7. Add salt, pepper, and coconut milk mixture.
8. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
10. Combine rock shrimp, butter, and lime juice in a small sauté pan over medium heat.
11. Cook until shrimp are just cooked through.
12. Add shrimp mixture to the coconut milk sauce; stir to combine.
13. Add cilantro; keep sauce warm.
Herbed Rice with Hearts of Palm
1½ Cups Jasmine Rice (uncooked)
4 Hearts of Palm (sliced)
1T Chives (minced)
1T Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
½t Coarse Salt
¼t Ground Black Pepper
1. Cook rice per package directions.
2. Combine cooked rice, hearts of palm, chives, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
3. Stir until rice is coated in oil and mixture is combined.
4. Cover bowl loosely with foil to keep warm.
4 Mahi-Mahi Fillets (½lb each)
Coarse Salt and Ground Black Pepper
1. Preheat a grill pan on medium-high heat.
2. Season mahi-mahi fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Grill mahi-mahi for about 3 minutes per side, or until just opaque.
1. Divide rice mixture onto 4 plates.
2. Place a mahi-mahi fillet on top of rice.
3. Divide sauce evenly among each plate and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.