Yield: 4 servings
4 Cups Milk
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Cups Lobster Stock
1/4 Cup Sherry
1/4 Cup Lobster or Chicken Base
1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Cup Lobster Meat (diced)
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1 pinch Parsley (dried)
1. In a medium pot, bring milk to a slight simmer; do not allow to boil.
2. In small saute pan, melt butter and then add paprika, and flour and mix well.
3. Bake roux mixture in a 350 degree oven for approximately one hour.
4. Heat lobster stock and sherry, then add base, cayenne pepper, to the lobster stock mixture.
5. Then add the heated milk to this mixture.
6. Add roux.
7. Mix until well incorporated and thickened.
8. Let simmer for approximately 45 minutes to one hour to cook out the roux.
9. To finish the soup, flame lobster meat in brandy, add heavy cream and allow it to simmer.
10. Add mixture to soup and whisk in.
11. Finish with fresh chervil or parsley.
12. Dry herbs may be used, but add sooner.