Yield: Serves 4
4 – 6 oz Catfish Fillet filet
4T Blackening Spice
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1. In a skillet, reduce balsamic vinegar by half. Set aside.
2. Coat catfish fillet with Cajun blackened seasoning.
3. Pan sear.
2 large Tomatoes
1T Tomato Paste
1/8t Chili Flakes
1. Smoke tomatoes.
2. Remove skin and dice.
3. Add remaining ingredients.
4. Bring to a warm temperature.
2oz Pepper Jack Cheese
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
2. Add grits and cook until stiff.
3. Add cheese and mix well. Chill.
4. Cut into 4 ounce patties.
5. Dip into egg and coat with flour and bread crumbs.
6. Fry in a skillet.
1. Place grits on bottom of plate and half of catfish fillet.
2. Top with tomato compote.
3. Add another layer of fish.
4. Add another layer of tomato compote.
5. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar on it.