Yield: 1 serving
1 Portobello Mushroom (gills scraped)
1 Kaiser-Style Bun with Caramelized Onions baked on top, (split)
Olive oil for glazing
1oz Dubliner Cheese (about 1 slice)
Tomato chutney to taste (see note)
1. Grill mushroom until cooked through. In sauté pan, briefly cook mushroom in oil to glaze.
2. Place slice of cheese on mushroom cap and place under broiler to melt cheese.
3. Serve on bun with chutney.
How to make the tomato chutney:
Yield: 3 Gallon
14lbs Plum Tomatoes (diced)
4 Red Onions (peeled and chopped)
1lb Brown Sugar
1 Quart Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Salt and Pepper Mix
1. In a large square roasting pan, combine diced plum tomatoes, red onions, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, raisins and blend of salt and pepper or to taste.
2. Bring to a boil and cook until tomatoes are soft, but still bright red.
3. Remove from pan and chill.
4. Simmer until cooking liquid is reduced in volume by half. Chill again.
Recipe can be cut to 1/3 with good results.