4 Large Chicken Breasts (diced)
1 Leek (thinly sliced)
1 Large Onion
7oz Forest Mushrooms
3 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
2oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Glass White Wine
2 Cups Milk
1 Sheet of Puff Pastry (ready rolled)
1. Heat a large shallow saucepan with the butter (and a little bit of oil to stop the butter from burning).
2. Add in the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add in the leeks, garlic and mushrooms at this stage together with a little seasoning.
3. After a further 5 minutes sprinkle in the flour and use this to dry up any liquids in the pot (and thicken the sauce).
4. Pour in the white wine, cheese and the milk at this stage and allow the mixture to come to a gentle boil whilst stirring all the time. If you like you could add a little cream as well.
5. Simmer for 5-6 minutes and then transfer to a large casserole dish.
6. Neatly arrange the pastry on top.
7. Brush the pastry lightly with a little egg wash glaze and bake in a preheated oven (375F) for approximately 30 minutes. Serve with a Rocket Salad