7oz Baking Chocolate (broken into pieces)
2T Jameson Whiskey
3 Eggs (separated)
1/2 Cup Sugar
Half & Half, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Generously butter 4 heatproof cups that are approximately 3 in in diameter and 1 1/2 in deep.
3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
4. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter until melted.
5. Stir in the whiskey and set aside to cool.
6. Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks have formed.
7. Whisk in half of the sugar, a third at a time, whisking well after each addition until stiff and very shiny.
8. In a separate bowl, beat the remaining sugar and egg yolks until pale and fluffy, then beat into the cooled chocolate mixture.
9. Fold in the meringue and use to fill the prepared cups two-thirds full.
10. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes until well risen but still with a slight wobble in the middle.
To Serve: Arrange the Irish whiskey chocolate fondants and serving plates with small jugs of pouring cream.