½ Cup Guinness
¾lb Flour (whole wheat)
1T Baking soda
4 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Molasses
1/2 Gallon Buttermilk
2 Cups Guinness
2 Cups Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and add in the buttermilk in three batches as you mix and fold by hand lightly; the mixture should be quite sticky.
3. Portion in to greased or buttered muffin pans.
4. Bake in the oven until golden brown and it makes a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom.
5. Enjoy with Kerry gold butter or Guinness reduction and Olive oil.
1. Combine the Guinness and sugar in a large stockpot.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until reduced by half (approx 1 hour).
3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool at room temperature. Do not leave the pot unattended while it is coming to a boil as it may boil over.