Served with Colpucinno Soup
6oz Sheet Ready-Rolled Puff Pastry (thawed if frozen)
Flour (for dusting)
2oz Cheddar Cheese (finely grated)
1 Egg Yolk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface and sprinkle over the cheddar in an even layer.
2. Fold in half widthways to enclose the cheese layer completely and roll out again to its original size, using a little extra flour if necessary.
3. Brush all over with the beaten egg and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
4. Take the chilled cheese pastry and cut it into 4 in lengths, each 1/2″ wide.
5. Hold the ends of each strip between your fingers and twist the ends in opposite directions.
6. Arrange the twisted strips on nonstick baking sheets and sprinkle a little salt over each one.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.