1lb 4oz Graham Crackers
1 Cup Butter (melted)
3 Cups of Pumpkin Flesh (peeled, seeded and chopped)
1½ Cups Cream Cheese
1¼ Cups Brown Sugar
3 Large Free-Range Eggs (Pastured Eggs are Best)
¼ Cup Baileys Cream Liqueur
Honey (for drizzling)
Powdered Sugar (for dusting)
Fresh Mint Sprig (to decorate)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Break the biscuits up in a crumb like consistency in the food processor or by placing them in a freezer bag and bashing them with a rolling pin. Tip into a bowl and mix in the melted butter.
3. Using a large spoon or a potato masher, press the mixture onto the base of a 8in loose-bottomed spring form tin.
4. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until just firm. Remove from the oven and allow the mixture to cool down.
For Spiced Topping:
5. Place the pumpkin chunks on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 35 – 45 minutes, or until they have softened completely.
6. Transfer to a food processor or blender, then add the spices and blend until completely smooth – leave the blender running for at least 3 minutes. Allow to cool thoroughly.
7. In a large mixing bowl, cream the cheese with the sugar until light and fluffy.
8. Mix in the eggs, spiced pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and Baileys. Make sure the mixture is completely blended together.
9. Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base and transfer to the oven for 40 – 45 minutes, or until the mixture is set around the edges but still slightly wobbly in the centre. Allow to cool slightly, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.
10. Drizzle with just a little honey if you like and slice with a hot sharp knife. A shake of icing sugar and a sprig of fresh mint on each slice will finish it perfectly.