1 Bunch Cilantro (finely chopped)
5 Oranges (juiced and zested)
4T Brown Sugar
2 Bay Leaves
2t Ground Cumin
2t Dried Oregano
2t Dried Thyme
2t Ground Pepper
1 Onion (roughly chopped)
½ Cup Distilled White Wine Vinegar
⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
2T Parsley (finely chopped)
2T Fresh Oregano (finely chopped)
2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 White Onion (finely chopped)
2T Olive Oil
⅓ Cup Red Wine
1 Lime (juiced)
For the Marinade:
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender except the vegetable oil.
2. Once blended, place in a mixing bowl and whisk in the vegetable oil.
3. Cover the flank steak completely with the marinade.
4. Marinate for 24 hours.
For the Flank Steak:
1. Remove the flank steak from the marinade.
2. Sear both sides on a griddle or pan, place on a baking tray and place into a preheated oven* at 320 degrees for 10 minutes or until medium rare.
3. Remove and rest before carving.
*Can also be done in a covered barbecue grill.
For the Chimichurri:
1. Mix all the ingredients together and serve as a side with flank steak.