Yield: 4 servings
¼ Cup Brandy
1¼ Cups Maple Syrup
1T Cornstarch mixed with 2T Water
4 Salmon Fillets (7oz each)
2T Olive Oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Diced red peppers, for garnish (optional)
1. Pour brandy in a pan and flambé for 5 seconds. Add the syrup and heat.
2. Whisk in the cornstarch and water mixture, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring. Cool to room temperature.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush the salmon with olive oil and season with coarse salt.
4. In a preheated sauté pan, sear both sides. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle 1 tablespoon of the Maple Glaze on each salmon fillet.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until desired doneness.
6. To serve, top potatoes with salmon and drizzle with remaining Maple glaze. Top with diced red peppers and minced scallion, if desired.