Yield: 6 servings
3T Butter (plus more for greasing the souffle cups)
6T Sugar (plus more for dusting the souffle cups)
1 Cup Milk
3T Dutch-Processed Cocoa
2/3 Cup Semisweet Chocolate (melted)
4 Eggs (separated)
1. Preheat over to 350ºF. Set a full kettle of water on to boil.
2. Butter six 4-oz. souffle cups and coat with sugar; set aside.
3. Bring milk to boil in small saucepan. Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cocoa to the butter and beat with a whisk until it has a smooth, paste-like consistency. Reduce heat and cook for one minute.
4. Slowly add hot milk, whisking until smooth, then blend in melted chocolate. Let cool for five minutes, then stir in egg yolks.
5. Beat egg whites in separate bowl until frothy. Slowly add sugar, 1 TB at a time until glossy peaks form. Stir a heaping spoonful of egg whites into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining whites just until combined.
6. Pour the batter into prepared cups. Place cups in large baking dish and add enough boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the souffle cups.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately with warm vanilla sauce.