For use in Baked Salmon Royale
½lb Unsalted Butter (divided)
1 Shallot (finely diced)
1 Stalk Celery (sliced)
½ Leek (cleaned and sliced)
½ Cup Dry White Wine (such as Chardonnay)
½ Cup Fish Stock
½ Cup Heavy Cream
½T Coarse Salt
½T Freshly Ground White Pepper
Freshly Chopped Chives (optional)
1. Cut butter into tablespoons. Reserve 2 tablespoons; set remaining butter aside.
2. Heat the reserved 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
3. Sauté the shallot, celery and leek for 2 minutes. Add the wine and fish stock.
4. Simmer until reduced by 2/3, about 10 minutes. Add heavy cream and simmer until mixture is reduced by 1/3.
5. Turn heat to low. Whisk remaining butter into wine mixture, one piece at a time, allowing each piece to melt fully before adding the next one. Season with salt and white pepper.
6. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Keep warm until ready to serve.