Yields 2 Pans
5lbs Large Diced Lamb (shoulder or leg meat)
1T Kosher Salt
1t Black Pepper
1t Lawreys Seasoned Salt
4 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
4T Ginger (Minced)
2T Curry Powder
2T Olive Oil
2 Onions (large dice or ¾ inch)
1 Small Jalapeño Pepper (Minced)
¼ Cup Flour
3lbs Tomatoes (Canned, Diced)
7 ½oz Coco Lopez mix
2 Cups Chicken Stock (1oz Chicken Base)
2T Cilantro (Minced)
1. Season Lamb with Salt, Pepper, Seasoned Salt, Garlic, Ginger, Curry Powder and 1T Olive Oil and marinate overnight.
2. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and sear the Lamb until golden brown.
3. Remove Lamb and reserve.
4. Add Onions to the sauté pan and cook until slightly brown and translucent.
5. Add Jalapeño and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the Flour and create a roux.
7. Cook for several minutes.
8. Add the Tomatoes, Coco Lopez, Chicken Stock and the seared Lamb.
9. Cover and simmer for 55-60 minutes, or until the Lamb is tender.
10. Adjust seasoning, Garnish with Cilantro and Serve.